|I took the clock apart, and painted the face with gesso. Since I didn't want to screw up the hands, by turning them on the top manually, I moved the hands from the back, when I needed them in another place.
|I placed post-it-notes on the frame of the clock, with the matching numbers, since those numbers on the face would not be visible after I couple of layers of paint.
|Then I painted the donut portion with ultramarine blue paint, and ran the rubber comb (pictured) over this area, and trying to be pretty messy, having the paint run into the red. Then I waited for it to dry.
|I painted the overall surface with a teal colored paint, and then combed the entire face, going in many different directions.
|Okay, this is cool, and perfect for my project, since I am going for a vintage look. I used lime green acrylic paint, because it is a complimentary color to the background. The rubber comb ran over some of the circles. 'Retro Comets' 9x12 stencil by Stencil Girl Products
|I removed the post-it-notes, but a battery in the back of the clock and set the correct time.
|And it looked better without the glass, so I put the frame on, and here it is! I am thrilled with how it looks, but I think I not pack it, but will hand carry it to my new studio! Counting down the days! Hop on over to The Sketchbook Challenge blog for the theme circles, where my clock and other projects will be.