|Building the background with 4" squares, and on a slant, because I felt that it would be too daunting to have them all straight. I mean what is the fun in that? All of the fabrics were pre-fused with Mistyfuse!
|Adding them around the figure and underneath
|She's coming together
|Now, I am seeing the benefit to having a large design table
|Then it gets a little tricky in making sure that there is some assemblance between the skirt upper portion and below, so I got out the measuring tape.
|She will be holding a purse. So, I made this little Airstream number. It was an A-HA moment, for sure.
|and then promptly realized that it is too small of scale for the piece.
|So, I made another one, larger, and I am quite happy with it. So appropriate that she be carrying an Airstream purse!
|Cutting it to the right size - 24" wide by 60" long. This is my pattern from in the beginning.
|I actually used pins, after deciding where it needed to be placed, and so that none of the black foundation was visible
|Here she is. Not the greatest picture, but it shows the great colors in the background
|and the purse! Free motion machine quilting, is next.